2017 Our Lady of Victory Holy Smokes BBQ competition presented by:
What’s new for 2017
We are proud to announce the date of the 2017 Our Lady of Victory Holy Smokes event. The event will take place on August 5. While 2016 was a great success, we made a commitment to make 2017 even better. Here are just a few of the amazing enhancements we are making to this year’s event.
- We’ve more than doubled our purse this year to $7,000!
- We’ve put the process in motion to make this a state championship
- We’ve added a KidsQ competition
- We’ve changed the layout to allow for 10-15 additional teams
- We’ve replaced the Friday team dinner with a Saturday team breakfast
- We’ve added a second People’s Choice competition on Friday night focused on chicken wings
- We’ve increased the number of ambassadors to make sure the teams have everything they need from the time they arrive until they leave
- We’ve more than doubled the size of our planning committee
- We’ve become an official Our Lady of Victory parish organization to demonstrate our commitment to the world of competition BBQ
- Announcing that this year’s reps will be Dave and Becky Druetzler. Welcome!
- This year’s entry fee is only $250. As always, this includes entry into all four meat categories (ribs, chicken, pork and brisket), water, electric and unlimited ice!
We can’t wait to see you on August 5, 2017!